Saturday was definitely interesting... and I don't mean it in a nice way. I was supposed to leave office by eight.. but as fate would have, the mighty forces that be decided to scheme against me, making lesser mortals dictate my evening plans. To make things clearer, let's just say that my fun night out had to be delayed by an hour, which means I left the office building at nine!
So after that Chinnaswamy stadium - JDP - Cubbon park - Aquarium confusion, a screaming, screechy 'root' greeted me, with an autorickshaw waiting (with two other girls - 'heels' and 'M' inside), at which point I realised she was 'intoxicated' (most severe word I could think of). Haha! So, the auto took us to the GPO, where a friend ('K') was waiting in his car. The ride was smooth, apart from alcohol-induced outbursts from 'root', but the confusion continued. I thought it had stopped when we reached the place we were supposed to, but to my consternation (Am I on fire or what?!!), I realised the confusion was suspended just until we got into the party. A long shot and a 'Cosmo' later, my head was buzzing. Root and her 10-inch-heels friend were off to the rest room. I'm not sure where 'root's' other friend 'M' was, but it was just me and 'K' for some time. And interestingly, we were having a serious conversation or attempting to, in the madness that surrounded us. Anyway, 'root' and 'heels' returned after what seemed like an hour later, with two more screeching, completely smashed girls - 'T' and I forget the other one's name.
'T' and I got talking, and I got this strange feeling she was flirting with me. But she definitely was flirting with 'K'. Some more madness and lights and glowsticks later, 'T' and the other girl disappeared. I don't remember saying bye to them.
A few minutes later, we somehow made our way to the dance floor.. tried to dance but the rest of the evening was a blur. Around 11.15 we got back into the car. Once in the car, all of us were quiet for a while, but 'heels' started this conversation about a very controversial topic.. I listened but did not contribute (completely unnatural). Anyway, I got home after half an hour and jumped straight into bed, only to wake up with a real bad headache that wouldn't die down for the rest of the day. No more 'Cosmo' for me!
And yes, i think u were on fire.