Between my last post and now, I’ve made a couple of new friends, lost an old one and made one high profile enemy, for no fault of mine. But most importantly, I’ve learnt a lot. I’ve dealt with the Lestrygonians and Cyclops and the angry Poseidon. I don’t think I will encounter them again, simply because I do not carry them in my soul.
PH once told me, when we had just discovered our mutual love for expensive coffee, clothes and gossip, that friends made at the work place are the ones who will stick for life… but friends made at college slowly fade away.
I have to admit, I didn’t want to believe that. It was a depressing thought. Here I was, in this big office working with all these accomplished journalists, most of whom were twice my age. I had nothing in common with them. I truly missed college, friends and good times. I missed the times we joked and fooled around. It was hard going from being carefree to this serious person I was expected to be. At that time, all I had was my group of friends and it really scared me that there would come a day when these people I had laughed and cried with, shared the most trivial and some of the most important moments of my life with, will one day just be distant memories.
I was really frightened.
It’s exactly a year later now, and it has already happened. I’ve moved up, career wise… it’s nothing big but it’s something. I’m less unsure of myself and my future. I’ve realized that the end of college is not the end of life. So, I can safely say that things have been going well for me. Nevertheless, PH’s prediction came true. I lost a friend, someone who meant a lot. I’ve moved on, though.
Like I once said in my earlier posts, life will teach you to move on. It sure did. At that point, of course, I had no idea how scarily true it would turn out to be.
As Ash says, people come into your life for a reason. When they’re job’s done, they leave… never to return again. I never believed that until it happened to me.
ps: i know your dirty little secret :P
Friends at workplace are the ones who stay? Not sure about that. I think it depends on you and your friends - not on where or when in life u meet them! :) But yeah, eventually, friends at work become easier to connect with.
I just thought i'll check ur blog and i feel so touched to see that u've mentioned me in it! :)
Yes, we try to hold on when situations are changing.. but we don't realise, the process is hard but the outcome is always for the best!
I am so glad, i can see u have grown in so many ways!
Love! :)
"you live you learn"