I've been inspired by a website http://www.gofugyourself.typepad.com/, introduced to me by my 'worthy' fellow blogger and friend Tia Raina to write about the atrocities caused against normal human beings by 'other' human beings who don't exactly know what having a good dressing sense feels like. For fear of sounding too superficial (which, mind you, is not true), I would prefer to call these people 'alternate dressers' (ADs) rather than fashion challenged. A large chunk of ADs can be seen hanging out in shopping malls. Most of them address each other as 'yaar' and use phrases like, 'I said you, no?'.
After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that a separate phylum needs to be included into the classification of phyla, for the ADs. Needless to say though, that it will be quite some time before that happens, which is why I decided to do something about it myself. To understand this peculiar species better, I have classified them into four major categories - 1. FAT - struggling to breathe (F - STB), 2. THIN - trying too hard (T -TTH), 3. THIN - not trying (T - NT) and 4. GENERAL - ah where are my shades (G - AWAMS). Such a classification is for my own convenience and I leave the pleasure of determining the characteristics of each category to your imagination.
Apart from my classification of ADs, I have also thought up reasons for their dressing sense or the lack of it! I asked myself the question, if I were to dress up like that, what would I have thought before putting on those unflattering clothes or what would have possessed me to dress up like that? Just thinking about the question made a thousand answers pop into my head! Here are a few important ones :
1. I probably wasn't thinking.
2. I was possessed by Michael Jackson's grandmother.
3. My moma didn't tell me that flourescent green doesn't go with pink.
4. The mirror's a liar!
5. I was in denial.
6. I'm a Britney Spears wannabe.
7. I thought it'd be fun to be buried alive.
8. I'm colour blind.
These were few reasons that I thought matter. If you have any more valid reasons please do leave them as a comment. Stay away from ADs, it could be contagious. The next time you see me in ugly clothes you'll know exactly why (I practically live next to some of them)!
Both with clothes and write-ups.
But then again, I'm not that intellectual. :-)
Well-reasearched...
I see why we dont see you 'out' anymore!
But well-researched all the same...
Well-termed too...
Impressed i :)
"To understand this peculiar species better, I have classified them into four major categories - 1. FAT - struggling to breathe (F - STB), 2. THIN - trying too hard (T -TTH), 3. THIN - not trying (T - NT) and 4. GENERAL - ah where are my shades (G - AWAMS). Such a classification is for my own convenience and I leave the pleasure of determining the characteristics of each category to your imagination."
You should receive a PHD now! :)
giggleness, dorling!! but you are brilliant!!!
really truly and honestly!!!
i mean, why dont we have a blog like this where we can be bitchy? at least we'll be doing some community service!! lol..at least to the people next to you.. ;)
:-)
Don't even think about it!
I'd kill myself or pull my eyes out.
and swamiji... by saying don't even think about it... you actually make people think about it!... nevermind!
Nevermind 2!